We are partnering with Chemistry Staffing to walk us through the pastoral search process. They will assist in evaluating Turning Point Church and where we would like to go in our next chapter, searching for and interviewing potential candidates, and finalize the hiring process. Throughout the process they will evaluate candidates based on five traits:
- Theology - Does the candidate believe the way we believe on both core and secondary issues?
- Culture - Does the candidate fit our community, church, and culture?
- Personality - Does the candidate play well with others? Are they likeable?
- Skill - Does the candidate have the talents and abilities we need to do a good job?
- Chemistry - Is this a person that will fit on our team? Do we want to do life AND ministry together?
Process Checklist with Chemistry Staffing
3 Day Pastoral Search Startup Meeting
Create Church and Candidate Profile
Market the Lead Pastor Position
Pre-Interview with Top Candidates
Candidate Presentation to TPC Leadership
TPC Leadership Interviews Top Candidates
TPC Conducts Background Checks
TPC Presents Job Offer
Current Step Information
Turning Point Church has signed the contract to hire Chemistry Staffing in the pastoral search process. We are currently going through the onboarding process. February 16-18, we will sit down with Chemistry Staffing for a three day analyzation of the church and the lead pastor position. During this meeting we will be focusing on the history of Turning Point Church, where we are today, and how we envision TPC in the future. Determining all of this information will allow Chemistry Staffing to do a more thorough and efficient search for our next lead pastor.