During this 21 Days of Prayer, we are asking you, to talk a prayer walk. We believe prayer is powerful and that God responds when we pray. Can you imagine if every person at Turning Point took a few minutes out of their day, on one weekend, to pray right where they lived?
Common questions, answers and ideas:
What is a prayer walk?
It’s simply walking through your neighborhood and praying quietly.
Why a prayer walk?
We believe prayer is powerful and when God’s people pray, God listens and God responds.
Why not then pray for our community right where we live?
One of the passages that hones in our this idea is found in the book of Joshua. Joshua just stepped up into a new leadership position and God encourages him. Here’s what it says.
What if we prayed that God would go with us no matter where we went in our community? What if we prayed that way right where we lived because we care about our neighbors, our schools that our kids go to and our community. So, in having a prayer walk, we are asking God to move in our community. We are asking God to use each of us and our church to point people to Him.
Where and When:
In your neighborhood on the weekend of January 20-22nd. You can also pray as you walk by or near schools, downtown, shopping centers, ball fields, or parks or community centers.
How do I do a prayer walk?
First of all set a time and get it on the calendar.
Number two, pick some people to go with you.
Three, go out and walk and pray.
Can I join someone else's prayer walk?
Of course! Feel free to show up at either of the 2 Prayer Walks listed below:
- Sunday, Jan 22nd, 4pm @ Bonita Springs Middle School
Hosted by Steve and Keisa Gill
- Saturday, Jan 21st, 9:30am @ Riverside Park in Bonita
Hosted by the Prayer Team
What do I pray for?
Here’s a few things to focus your prayer.
- Pray that God will do what we can’t do; change people’s hearts.
- Pray that God will give you a chance to live Christ in your neighborhood.
- Pray that God will give youa chance to build friendships with people in your community.
- Pray for the needs (even if you don’t know them) of your community as you walk through them.
- Pray for the people that live on specific streets as you walk by that street. ‘God, we pray for the families that live right here on Terry Street’.
- As people walk by you and drive by you, pray that they will know God. Pray that God will give you and this church an opportunity to point them towards God.
- Pray for the school that the kids in your community go to.
- Pray that God will allow Turning Point Church to make a difference in the lives of people in yourneighborhood and in this community.
- Pray that God will give us favor in this community.
- Pray that God will use us to reach people who don’t know him.
- Pray that God will use us to bring together the diversity in our community.
- Pray that God will open our eyes and notice people in our community.